Faurecia had a PLM common to their 4 business lines. They discovered that only 20% people effectively use the previous version… The goal is to design, develop and deploy an efficient training, in parallel with the PLM new version worldwide roll-out.
PLM effective use is the challenge. How do you make CAD designers effectively use the PLM as a powerful workflow?
Given the challenge of PLM effective use, I’ve focused on achieving those 5 objectives :
- collaborators know why the change is implemented;
- designers understand what’s in the change for each of them;
- people are trained on their new activities;
- professionals are proficient in their everyday work; and
- top management thank people for their achievements.
Those five questions stem from the ADKAR® Model.
Deliverables I personally was in charge of
In order to promote PLM effective use, I’ve defined, designed, developed and deployed training that matches the organization change approach. I worked within the Organizational Change Management (OCM) team of the PML program, based on the Project Charter.
Here are the deliverables I was responsible for :
- Organizational change management Work Breakdown Structure
- Objective definition : target knowledge & skills objectives, training objectives
- Competence gap analysis, one for each business line entity
- Training design, encompassing Awareness – Desire – Knowledge
- Feedback to process owners regarding process optimization
- Entity-specific training curricula for each process role
- Training mock-up session delivery
- Trainer’s instructions
- Training environment definition through delivery
- Training environment data
- Train-The-Trainers (TTT) set-up
- TTT session schedules across Geographies, and common to the 4 entities
- Recommendations for local support, taking into account Ability objectives
Abstract from resistance management diagnostic
What are the resistances people have had, when using the former PLM ?
First of all, if I start using the PLM, won’t part of my job will swap to India or China, whose people are paid 75% less?
Furthermore, are we going to dump people out of my team?
Why change for a newer version of PLM ?
Officially, because PLM editor stopped supporting the present version. But 25% of the PLM code was editor’s, the remaining 75% was taylor-made code from 4 business units (= 4 entities).
Newer version specific code target was less than 20%. Big convergence effort was undertaken by integrator’s business analysts, which deliverables (functional requirements, use-cases, etc.) were invaluable inputs to OCM production processes.